In some cases, flowers are too delicate or aromatic compounds are too heavy/resinous to be steam distilled. Solvent extraction methods are used in these cases. Generally speaking, absolutes are more fragrant, rich and aromatic than steam distilled essential oils.
Articles in this section
- Are your products tested on animals?
- How are your essential oils extracted? How do you ensure the ongoing quality and purity of your AroMagic essential oils?
- What are solvent extracted absolute oils?
- Where do your essential oils and herbs come from and are they ethically sourced?
- Can I eat/drink your herbs/essential oils or herbs?
- Should I dilute my oils prior to massage?
- How should I store my essential oils?
- Why are there chip stones in your essential oils?
- I'm just starting out in my aromatherapy practice. Which herbs should I buy first? Which essential oils should I buy first?